Wednesday, November 30, 2016

December 1, 2016

The Week the Crayons Took Over!


I was having a conversation with my four-year-old over the holiday break about how this is the darkest time of the year.   He was complaining that it gets dark too early - thusly disrupting our daily after school backyard fun.  A seed idea took hold in my brain, and led me to want to brighten things up in this week's library classes.  Immediately, I knew the perfect way to add a bit of color.  Drew Daywalt (words) and Oliver Jeffers' (art) The Day the Crayons... books would be the perfect way to accomplish this - both in text, art, and humor.  If you've read these hilarious stories you know that they get you giggling right away.  After a read aloud of the stories, learners were able to take part in some enriching activities (see images below) before making their weekly selections.  



   

No comments:

Post a Comment